Interviews take place all year round, so you can apply whenever it suits you. But you should allow at least three months before you want your placement to begin. Your exact departure date will depend on your host family’s requirements.
You have two options:
- If you have regular Internet access and would like to apply online then start your application by registering here.
- Otherwise, complete a paper application by downloading the PDF application form and medical form at the bottom of this page.
To get yourself started, begin collecting the following items:
- Copies of your latest school, academic and/or vocational certificates or diplomas
- A copy of your full driving license
- A criminal record check certificate (not applicable to UK applicants - this is obtained at a later stage)
- A copy of your passport
Before your interview you will need to:
- Complete the application
- Complete a Dear Host Family Letter
- Provide recent photographs of yourself and the children you’ve cared for
- Upload a video clip of yourself to your application if applying online.
- Collect a minimum of three references
- Arrange for a medical check up so that you can include the Medical Form
- Obtain a US Host Family childcare reference if you have previously participated in an au pair program to the US
- Submit your completed application to a local interviewer. Click here for your local interviewer.
- Attend an Interview
- Once you have been accepted onto the program, you will start communicating with potential host families
- Once you have selected a host family, we will advise you when to visit the US Embassy in your country to submit your visa application
- We arrange all your visa papers and flight to the US.
Remember, we are there every step of the way, so do not hesitate to contact us or your local interviewer if you are unsure about anything.
We look forward to receiving your application!Download the Application Form and Medical Form if you are not applying online.